Sunday, October 16, 2016

55 Day CHALLENGE!!!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

-Isaiah 41:10

Trying to maneuver this college lifestyle at 18 years old peacefully is like getting sick of McDonald's; it just doesn't happen. With all of these things needing to happen, all these deadlines needed to be met, all these relationships that need to be upheld, prioritizing is hard. The things that are important for the long run are blurred by the things that seem to be do-all end-all at the time.

Tonight at 608, Pastor Jon Weece spoke on the topic of the joy seen in little ones and elderly. Those ages are so vital to the happiness of the world, for they see this beautiful Earth we live on in such a positive, hopeful way. Yet, in that time between, we seem to experience pain. As people, we deal with that pain in so many different ways. God calls us to to release that said pain, to Him.

Jon introduced a question: Where do you see your life in 55 days? What do you want to feel, how do you want to act, how are YOU different? He goes on to challenge us to pray the same sort of prayer for the next 55 days:
"God, work IN me."
"God, work THROUGH me."
We ask of these things because He promised to fill our emptiness with joy, replace negativity with positivity, and rely on Him for comfort. I hope to challenge myself to the fullest these next couple months and see myself differently at the end.


So, friends, where do you see yourself in 55 days? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Processing the newfound processes of the ever-changing process around me.

When I sat down and started thinking about how to even begin putting in the experiences of the year into words, the first word that came to ...