Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 1: Choose JOY

Tonight, with a group of some special people, we spoke about the meaning of joy and how that is shown outwards to the world. I feel as I work through these 55 days of prayer, the beginning of having a God to work in and through me is with that formation of joy. Choosing to have joy in each and every day can be a difficult choice, yet is an eternal possession once you have something to be joyful about. Yet, don't we all have something to be overwhelmed with joy for? Life is hard, yet we have someone on our side during it all, moving us through these trials of the world to strengthen a greater relationship with Him.

We, as fearfully and wonderfully made, still make mistakes. I personally make mistakes constantly, some greater than others. It is so easy to detach yourself from the support given to us with our creation and rely on physical relationships to move us through the storm. Those mistakes are made to give us direction on the most important relationship we possess, one that will never be broken.

So, in all honesty, this first day of prayer hasn't "changed" me. My relationship with Him hasn't been completely built thus far, but I am so excited to see what it will do for me. So, God:

Work IN me.
Work THROUGH me.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written. I hope that you are joyful each and every day of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Processing the newfound processes of the ever-changing process around me.

When I sat down and started thinking about how to even begin putting in the experiences of the year into words, the first word that came to ...